Monday, March 5, 2012

Two Snowy Days

It's been a very quiet winter up and down the east coast, really. But in the last two weeks, we've finally seen some snow.

Here are some pics from the couple of inches we got on February 19:

Our little cul-de-sac. (Henry actually called it a cul-de-sac today. Too sweet!)

Ready to take on the snow!

For my birthday, Andrew gave me a birdfeeder for our back deck. To say that I LOVE IT is a terrible understatement. I can watch these precious little creatures while I cook and even while we sit at the dinner table. Here are a couple of our favorite friends escaping the downpour.


And, perhaps, one of my favorite views: the woods in our backyard blanketed in snow. Just makes you want to go, "Ahhhhhhh."


Today, ALL of central Virginia was caught by surprise by an early morning snow storm. We easily got 4 inches or so at our place. But nearby towns got 8" and counting!

We managed to get into work this morning and I snapped a few pics just outside of the building where I work.

This is a view of the "Addie, Kesiah, Uncle Greg, Aunt Krista, Gwenny, Charlie" parking lot. This is where we tailgate and Henry has a very keen memory of our tailgates!


This is the view outside of my office window. I know. I'm very grateful and try not to take it for granted.

This is the courtyard between the two buildings at the ed school. I ran this through the app Instagram; that is why it looks so old timey.

When I got Henry home, and after his nap, we headed outside to make a snowman. Turns out, I am way out of practice. He called it a snowman anyway (he is so sweet to his momma). But he was very gracious, as it was really one mound with a small ball on top. He squealed with excitement anyway. JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment