Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mema--The First

I was watching Henry fall asleep not long ago and noticed that he smiled a HUGE smile as he was sleeping. It was beautiful and got me thinking about what he was smiling about.

Most of you know that MY Mema, my mom's mom, was one of the most remarkable and wonderful people in the world. It's hard to believe that she passed away almost 7 years ago. More than anything, I wish she could meet Henry.

As I was thinking about Henry smiling, I wondered if he was connecting with angels that he played with in Heaven before he came to us.

And then it occurred to me. I wonder if God let Mema meet Henry before sending him to us. What a beautiful thought! I can imagine Mema in an old rocking chair (pulled up right beside Mrs. Helen Freeman--Helen Foster's mother--for sure!) with a teeny tiny Henry curled up in her lap. I can imagine her rocking him and telling him all about how she rocked me when I was a tiny baby. I can imagine her singing to him the beautiful lullabys she sung to me.

And I imagine when Henry falls alseep, he looks up into Heaven and sees Mema smiling at him and telling him how much she misses him.

Thank you for taking such good care of my Henry before we got him, Mema. I miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment