Monday, September 14, 2009

Pregnancy Phase 2

I know that there are trimesters and months and a zillion other ways to divide the 9 months of pregnancy. But for me, it feels like I have just entered a new phase of this pregnancy. The last week or so has been a little rough on my back. Work has been busy with the beginning of school and every since the activities of Labor Day weekend, I haven't quite felt normal. Well, this morning I had an appointment with my back doctor and he confirmed what I thought. Things are not the same with my back. Two words Dr. Dean used were "inflamed" and "tight." Add to that the typical hip discomfort that comes with pregnancy and I've definitely entered Audrey's Pregnancy Phase 2.

You all know me well enough to know that I am REJOICING that it is 28 weeks and I am just finding myself here. What a gift! On the other hand, it is going to be a great challenge for me to put the breaks on things I love so much. Fewer nights hanging out with friends, not signing up for everything I want to do at our young and vibrant church, no more trips (except, of course, to get to Va. Beach for the shower, mom!), and no more football games. Thankfully, we're terrible this season, so that last one isn't going to be too tough. Ha.

Still, there is plenty to keep me busy this fall. It will take some real discipline and a gentle, but firm hand of Andrew's to remind me that if everything doesn't get done, it's okay. The calendar is filling w/ doctor's appointments. We're now into the go-to-the-obgyn-every-two-weeks stage. We are having extra ultrasounds because of the fibroids. Add to that acupuncture, massage and now physical therapy and that is A LOT of appointments. Oh yeah, and there's this other thing we're doing--MOVING! Thankfully, Andrew and I have prepared for this and knocked out quite a bit of packing already. Our motto is one box per night. Sometimes its two one night and none the next...but it all averages out.

And don't forget the baby classes and how much I'm being spoiled by baby showers. We also have a huge weekend the first of October with a house full of friends and the Renshaw wedding.

As I'm writing this I'm asking myself, how are we going to do all of this? I don't know. I do know that we have the greatest friends and family in the world. It is now time for us to lean on you. Because the honest answer is that we can't do it all.

So as it turns out, Pregnancy Phase 2 is only going to be about 12 weeks (give or take) and not 20. I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment